Monday, August 25, 2008

Brave New World!






So what an experience! We will be posting more pictures later. It was the MOST sureal experience of our lives. For almost a year we have been looking at pictures of our beautiful baby boy but to meet him and hold him was the most amazing thing EVER! I have to say we were both expecting for him to have some real problems bonding and we figured he would be crying all night. Well were we wrong. He acts like he has known us his entire lives. He hasn't cried, he is an excellent baby! He is full of life and ENERGY! He is the best baby! I could never have imagined he would be so good. Maybe the Universe sent us some good Karma considering our dramatic adoption :) We took him to get checked out by the doctor yesterday and the doctor said he is in great health and was impressed with his strength and energy considering his circumstance. So all is good except that I think we are all alittle sleep deprived still. So we will post more soon with pictures. Today is Kians 1st birthday and we are going to play it low key but later this week we will have a little party! Thank you all again for all of your support through this amazing experience. We would of never been able to become a family without your support!
Love Rocky, Kim and Kian

10 comments:

Pavaoans said...

Whooootah!!!! I'm cheering here in the Paradise Park darkness. Family indeed, a child couldn't possibly get a better birthday present than you two. Enjoy your bonding time. Wow Happy Birthday Kian!

Pavaoans said...

Whooootah!!!! I'm cheering here in the Paradise Park darkness. Family indeed, a child couldn't possibly get a better birthday present than you two. Enjoy your bonding time. Wow Happy Birthday Kian!

Leanne & John said...

OMG, he is so beautiful. I was crying buckets, I'm so happy for you guys. Happy birthday Kian!

Andrea said...

Happy 1st Birthday Kian!!! I am so glad to finally see you with your Mommy and Daddy.

Andrea

Monica said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Kian! And our heartiest congratulations to the Hanes family! And you are a complete family at long last. You all look so joyful in the pics - it's so wonderful to see.
Monica, George & Patrick

Proud Parents said...

I was checking you blog several times a day and was so happy to see your picture of the whole family last night. I checked it again this morning and was absolutely thrilled to see pictures of the Hanes Family together at last!! What a happy birthday for your son!
Congratulations!
Erin, Jeff, Amelia & DA buddy Casey

Auntie Stephanie said...

What a beautiful ending to such a horrible experince. I cried when I saw you guys. what an awsome thing the internet is....with this video calling it was like being there with you when I could not...now to make plans to get to the mainland so we can all get our hands on that precious boy. I do believe you finally have some good karma in such a wonderful boy. He does appear to be so at ease with you, like he has been waiting for you to just come get him.
Happy 1st birthday to my nephew! I can't wait to meet you in person.
Love Auntie Stephanie

Auntie Stephanie said...

oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the whole sleep deprived thing.....you may be able to catch up on sleep when Kian is out of college and own his own. The wonderful thing about children is you always loose sleep over them! so get used to be sleep deprived, you are in for a long, long, long, "night".

Unknown said...

The Official Free kian Society of Honolulu( two members, both uncles in waiting)applaud your triumph!! We will be holding a silent candle light vigil and march every night outside Hula's Bar in Waikiki until you three come home!Shots for everyone(except the baby)!Kian has to wait until he is at least walking!!

Nicole said...

It's so wonderful to finally see photos of you guys with Kian!! He is adorable and I can't wait to meet him. You've given him the best 1st birthday present ever...congratulation!

Love, Auntie Nicole